Friday, June 24, 2011

Five Things Friday

Well I have kind of been out of the blogging world for a few weeks. I feel like this summer is turning into a whirlwind of projects, places to go and things to do! I wouldn't change any of it for a minute.Here are 5 things we have been doing this summer!

1. We got to go visit my in-laws in Atlanta again this summer. I love going to visit them because we always go out to eat at fantastic places and they have the best outlet malls. This visit we decided to make a side trip with them to Savannah. This was my first trip to Savannah so I was really excited. It was a fantastic weekend trip! We spent 3 days in Savannah taking historic tours, eating at famous restaurants and enjoying spending time with family. We did get to visit the Minor Med in Savannah since James ended up with a spider bite. He is fine but it gave his mother quite a scare! We then went back to Atlanta to spend a few more days with the family. While in Atlanta we also got to take James to the Aquarium. He had a great time and for his souvenir we bought him a stuffed Dolphin because he loved the Dolphin exhibit and show. This was a great trip even if it was a lot driving (especially with a toddler). We love our portable DVD player! This was the longest trip we have ever taken with James (9 days) but I wouldn't change any of it. I will post a few pics of the trip if you haven't already seen them on Facebook.
On our way to Savannah

Looking at fish with Daddy

Historic home in Savannah

At Fort Pulaski looking at the canons

Looking at the moat

Driving the Fire Truck

Hanging out the with family

Our nephew and niece

Loving the dolphins

He had a fantastic time!


2. Another thing we have been enjoying is our membership at the Germantown Athletic Club. I do not like exercising but it is a necessary evil. J and I started a new weightlifting program and I am also trying to make sure I do cardio a couple of times a week. I would really like to get in better shape and be healthier. That is kind of my goal for the summer with my exercise routine. This leads me to the 3rd thing we have been doing this summer.

3. At the club they have an amazing sprinkler pool. James absolutely loves this part of the gym. He is tall enough now that he can walk around in the wade pool and play in the sprinklers. I think he would live there if we would let him.

4. Ever since we got back from Atlanta my flower beds have been driving me crazy. The weeds were threatening to take over our flower beds even though I weeded them right before we left. Well we decided to weed one more time and then dig up some of the current dirt in the beds and replace it with mulch. I am very pleased with how everything turned out but it was a big project. I hope it will keep the weeds out so I don't have to go out there and weed every day.

5. Lastly we have been doing quite a but of relaxing and hanging out with friends!

Next week I hope to paint our half bath since it is need a new coat of paint! Yay for Summer break!

1 comment:

  1. You totally failed to mention the spider fiasco to me! I so want to go to Savannah during Christmastime. You know it has to look like a real life Christmas village. Did you guys get to eat at The Lady and Sons?

    ReplyDelete