Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

I love holiday weekends and it is even better if it is the holiday weekend before I am off school for the summer. One of the greatest perks of being a teacher is summer vacation! I can't say enough about how much I love being home with my family over the summer. Anyway I digress.....

Our weekend was pretty busy but a lot of fun. I started out the weekend by going to lunch with Shannon and little William at Cheffie's (my new favorite place). I also had a gig rehearsal for a wedding that day. Then J and I went shopping for a grill. We haven't really owned a real grill since we have been married. We decided this was our anniversary present to each other this year.

Saturday I got up and ran errands and cleaned house before I had to head out to play at a wedding. The wedding was all the way down in Hernando, MS at the Palmer House. It is a beautiful chapel in the woods. It was very nice and a little extra spending money over summer never hurts :-)

Then Sunday night we had our friends Gina, Tim, Amy, Aubrey and Jason over for a cookout/game night. J got to use his new grill which he was very excited about! Gina made the most delicious linguine salad for which I need the recipe. We also had a delicious ice cream cake for dessert. For the game portion of our evening we played girls vs. guys. Sadly the girls did not win any of the games. We decided that since we have had or are having children soon it has zapped all of our brain cells. So needless to say we had to deal with some humiliation because of that. If you know me you know I like to win! We did have a fantastic time however even if we couldn't win to save our lives.

Then comes Monday........ We had a birthday party to go to Monday morning. It was our friends Jason and Courtney's twins birthday. Happy 1st birthday Miles and Alex! It was such a cute party complete with bubbles for the kids, sidewalk chalk, a pool filled with plastic balls, yummy treats which included Muddy's cupcakes! It was such a cute and creative party!

Then we took Top's BBQ out to my grandparents for a little Memorial Day celebration. After all of that I think we should all sleep well tonight. Well I am off to have some yummy leftovers from all of our weekend activities and then hopefully an early bedtime for all of us :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment